We have the great pleasure to through our QAITive project, host our first ever weekend workshops: “Fundamentals of Testing” and “Java for Beginners”. It is our great wish as a QA community to make the IT industry approachable to everyone and thus our workshops are completely free.
“Java for beginners” workshop
What we’ll cover:
- Theory: the basic concepts of the Java programming language
- In practice:
- Getting to know the development environment
- “Hello world” and an under the hood look of what happens in runtime.
- What’s an array in Java? How to add all elements in an array?
- What’s a String? How to reverse words in a string?
The workshop is intended for beginners, but it would help if you are familiar with one of the Java development environments (such as Eclipse, NetBeans or IntelliJ). To make sure we are as efficient as possible, each attendee should set up and configure JDK and one of the aforementioned environments.
The workshop will be held at ICTHub Playground at Kralja Milana 10, entrance from Devojački park on Saturday 3rd of February 2018. starting at 12 PM. We planned the workshop to take 4 hours for 20 participants.
You should bring your computer to the workshop.
“Fundamentals of testing” workshop
What we’ll cover:
- What does a QA engineer do?
- Intro to software testing. Why is testing important?
- Types of test cases.
- How to write test cases
- Minimum elements for writing test cases
- Recommended elements for writing a quality test case
The workshop will be held in Startit center Belgrade, Savska 5 on Sunday, February 4th starting at 12 PM. We planned the workshop to take 4 hours for 20 participants.
It’s not required to bring your computer to the workshop.
You can see here chosen participants for workshops.
See you all at QAITive weekend!